Talk about user-created content!

Re: EloSnack

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:10 am

it seems the latest version link of elosnack is down.

Postby jdstroy on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Guest wrote:will Elosnack work with mod versions of Elona (specifically Elona+)

I don't know, and I cannot guarantee that it will work. If you find out if it works, or doesn't work, please let us know.
Guest wrote:it seems the latest version link of elosnack is down.

Origo has closed its doors, unfortunately. Here's the current build from my source code:
https://bitbucket.org/jdstroy/elosnack-dist/downloads/elosnack-1.4.7b41.zip

The .snack file needs to be updated -- contributions are welcome.

edit: adding attachment for ElonaValues.xls
ElonaValues.xls
Numeric constants used in Elona - (almost?) entirely the work of turbn
(136.5 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
"I-it's not like I'm porting it for you, or anything! I'm just rewriting it for maintainability! So don't get the wrong idea!"

PGP ID for software distribution: [0xB16B3128DC41357F/jdstroy@elona.squares.net.bbs] on the MIT PGP keyserver

jdstroy

Postby Mika on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Everything i've done so far with it, worked fine with past and the current version (at the date of this post) of the ELM mod. Don't know about other mods.

Mika

Postby SiamJai on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:05 am

Thanks for the table, jdstroy, it filled in a few gaps in my records.

I've added 43 more recent items and their values to the list. The monster list could use an update too, but I couldn't find my sheet for that. XD
ElonaValues080712.xls
(115 KiB) Downloaded 3948 times
--------------
elona.wikia.com <--- Active, English-speaking Elona community.

SiamJai

Postby Guest on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:51 am

doesn't seem to work with elona+ v1.10 unfortunately :\

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:18 am

I tried, and looks like it works with elona+ 1.11. Had no problem with editing character stat and inventory.

Postby sajo on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:12 am

How do you view the values? Is this similar to what turbnator's drop (drop.io/Turbnator/asset/elonavalues-ods)

I can't read it. What program can you use to open it? I only read Turbnator's from the website where it was located.

sajo

Postby sajo on Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 am

I learned how: download.cnet.com/Bytescout-XLS-Viewer/3000-20411_4-10728548.html
Click "direct download link" below the big green download button (of doom)

Or : microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10 Excel viewer from microsoft

sajo

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:25 am

LibreOffice also can open .xls files.

Postby Khym Chanur on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 am

Two things:

1) I've started an Elona wiki page on EloSnack: elona.wikia.com/wiki/EloSnack

2) Is there anywhere to get the text files which go into converter.cmd for the default elosnack-confic.snack file? So if we figure out the purposes in indicies in inv.s1/gdata.s1/etc we can add them? (Or maybe there's a way to put converter.cmd into reverse?)

Khym Chanur

Postby jdstroy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:46 pm

Good work, thank you!

I don't have the original text files, but there is a way to make the text files which go into converter.cmd -- you'd take the spreadsheet and build it from that.

I vaguely recall having documented the converter's details, but since Origo went down abruptly, I've lost the content on the wiki. :(

I'll try to regenerate that part of the documentation over the course of the next few weeks.
"I-it's not like I'm porting it for you, or anything! I'm just rewriting it for maintainability! So don't get the wrong idea!"

PGP ID for software distribution: [0xB16B3128DC41357F/jdstroy@elona.squares.net.bbs] on the MIT PGP keyserver

jdstroy

Some gdata.s1 offsets

Postby Khym Chanur on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:04 am

I've figured out two more offsets in gdata.s1:

* Offset 0 is the number of times the player has died.
* Offset 360 is the sleepiness counter.

EDIT: And some more gdata.s1 offsets:

* Offset 68 is the current weather.
** O: clear weather
** 1: Etherwind
** 2: snow
** 3: rain
** 4: hard rain
* Offset 252 is the "return" countdown, and 256 is the return destination.
* 3240 is the number of little sisters killed, 3244 is the number of little sisters saved, and 3248 is the number of rewards you've already taken from the Strange Scientist.

Khym Chanur

Postby Nobody on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 pm

seems like elosnack broke with the newest elona+ 1.21

Nobody

Postby Nobody on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 am

nvm, my computer is weird, reinstalled java and it worked

Nobody

Postby Clockworkpyro on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:30 am

I keep trying to add some bit flags to my pets using EloSnack, but I can't figure it out. (I've added it to the bit flag slot on the npc page, and still nothing.) Also, is it possible to dominate custom npcs?

Clockworkpyro

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:48 am

It doesn't seem to work with elonaplus 1.30. Like, it literally does nothing. I load the configuration file and the target save, and no windows pop up. It just sits there and does nothing.

Postby Domar on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi, I'm attempting to edit the Inventory Max in cdata.s1 and Effective Cargo Weight in gdata.s1, I raise the values, save it, elosnack still shows the higher values when I open the save file in it again, but when I open the game the status screens show the old values instead, and I'm still burdened when I shouldn't be(with the new value). What can I do to make the game reflect the changes I've made to the save files? My original value is 59750(59.7 stones), cargo is 80000(80s), I'm attempting to change them to 859750(859.7 stones), and cargo to 980000(980 stones), are the new values just too high?

Domar

Postby jdstroy on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:08 am

Hello Clockworkpyro. I think it's technically feasible to dominate a CNPC, but that might not work as expected? Not sure. Don't quote me on it. :)

Sorry Guest, if you check the read-me, I think you will find details about logging and reporting issues. Can you try it on a fresh game from elonaplus 1.30?

Hi Domar. Inventory Max in cdata.s1 probably shouldn't be modified through EloSnack. There are other state variables that would need to be modified in the character inventory data before you change cdata.s1's Inventory Max. There is an inherent limit to the inventory maximum; it cannot be changed by EloSnack because it is hard-coded that way. For many values in EloSnack, there's an 'effective' value and a 'base' value. The typical strategy for cheating with EloSnack is to modify the 'base' values, which will modify the 'effective' value when the game recalculates it. Oftentimes, the 'effective' value will be re-calculated instantaneously (which would match the behavior you observed), though sometimes it is re-calculated on level-up.

jdstroy

Postby System message on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Replies of gratitude from Clockworkpyro and Guest are expected to appear in nearest 3 years or more. Elona - one game for your whole life.

System message

Return to Mods/Software/UCC